Monday, April 2, 2012

A Big Announcement

I have a rather huge announcement to make, one that will change our lives (and our family's lives) forever. We've known for about a month now, so it's time to share the news.

We will be adding to our little family. The two of us will now be three!

It's one of the biggest decisions we've made since getting married. And it's finally official.



Her name is Hermione.
She is a rescue cat that I absolutely fell in love with on a trip to Petsmart for a filter for my fish tank, of all things. All the little rescue kitties were there that day and so sad in their cages. I saw her and put my hand through the bars and started scratching her head. She looked at me with these beautiful sad eyes and I knew. I looked at her name and I knew again. It took a LOT of convincing with Nick, and even more for me, because I've always been allergic to cats, and two trips back to Petsmart to make sure she was still there. But there was just no way we were going to let her get away!Turns out that when I'm the one in charge of keeping hair and dander under control, I do pretty well with a regular allergy pill. She is one quirky "lil' lady", as we've taken to calling her. Here, she is laying on a book - a favorite past time of hers, especially when it's open in your lap and you're reading a really good part. She'll climb up and rest herself on those paper pages and purr and purr. She also loves shoes. We keep our shoes by the door, and more often than not, she is there, in the shoes, when we come in. Or even just for an afternoon nap. She is very vocal, which I think is adorable. She gets a little grumpy when she's hungry and is more liable to bite then, too (like owner like pet, much?).
The reason I haven't posted about her yet was because we were only fostering her to see how things would work out. But now, we've paid the pet fee for our apartment and set the date for her adoption, so I'm free to post!If you can't tell by the pictures, she's a LOVELY dusty grey color, with splotches of this gorgeous melon orange color. The fur pattern is what they call "Tortoise" (she is dilute), which is like a Calico, but with no white whatsoever. There also really isn't a pattern, but she has a beautiful melon patch right above her eyes and between her ears on her sweet face. I am so smitten with this kitty.

On other matters, I figured out how to upload pictures! Ha! =D

I found a pattern for an amazing crochet purse that I made a sample of, and am now making one for myself. It uses a crocodile stitch, which I'd never done or even heard of before, but there was a video tutorial for basically the entire process of the purse. So I watched that, and it turned out so beautifully. I don't have a picture of it yet, but I will. Now that I know how to do it, I'll have pictures for everything! Yay! =)

Gifts for sisters coming along beautifully. I am so pleased and excited!

You also can't imagine how difficult it can be to be a knitter/crocheter with a cat who is crazy for yarn, any time it moves. I have to be very sneaky when I work on my projects now, because more times than not, as soon as I jerk the yarn my way, she pounces! But, it's a small sacrifice to make to have such a sweet kitty as part of our home and family.

More another time, but couldn't wait any longer to share in our joy. =)

Lots of love,
Bianca (and Hermione. She also loves to walk on the keyboard when I'm typing. Thank God for backspace. =P)

2 comments:

  1. How exciting Bianca!! Get MC to tell you about our little rescue kitty!! So glad you got the pictures figured out!! ;)

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's thanks to you for explaining how simple it is! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete