Friday, February 3, 2012

Am I Boring You?

Hmm... I wonder...

Today, it is officially NOT Christmas in our home any longer. I took down the decorations today. I didn't feel like I'd ever be ready for that step, but somehow with it being 65-70 degrees for the last 3 weeks, I felt it was time. I don't even feel like it's winter anymore; I don't even feel like we had a winter at all! For someone who loves cold weather as much as I do, this is tragic. Last year, I was watching Christmas movies long into January and felt a little sad to think that this year (living with Scrooge, er, I mean Husband) that I wouldn't really be able to. But I gotta say, I had about a week after the new year of Christmas-y fuzzy feelings and then the warm weather struck in. There's nothing like 70 degrees to kill your white Christmas! (Which I now have, thanks to Leety!)

I'm now officially ready to start blogging because I'm settled in with my mug of tea. Husband asked me the other day if I always blog while drinking tea, and when I thought about it I realized I do! Not to say that I only drink tea when I write, of course. But typically, I share my cup of tea with all of you. =) I kinda hope that now that I've shared that, I'll get a bunch of people who drink tea while READING this, so that we really are sharing a tea time!

Man, I'm cheesy!

My birthday is coming up in a few weeks. Or in a little over one week, as I just realized... this whole week has been a bit of a blur. I'm going to visit Ginan and Rick-In-Law for the weekend, which will be loads of fun and I'm really looking forward to it! We haven't been to visit them since the summer, unless I'm mistaken, because when we visited last, Husband was still Fiance, so we were in separate bedrooms. No longer the case, ha ha!

So, here's the big news: for my birthday present, Husband got me a tattoo. =) We've talked about it for a long time, and I've had the idea for this one for nearly 4 years, so it was time. And let me just tell you, that no matter how lovely the tattoo may be, there are 2 truths: 1) it will still hurt, and probably more. The more artistic, the more the pain. And 2) it will itch like crazy after! First, it will be sore, which is a given and I was expecting that. But for the last 4 days I have been dying to scratch the heck out of that one spot. There were a lot of things about the healing process that I wasn't prepared for, because I hadn't done my research. I was depending on Husband's knowledge and experience to clue me in and while he did alright with some of the bigger things, I am MUCH more detail oriented than Husband. So things he didn't remember and therefore didn't warn me about got me really freaked. Like that you bleed ink. Not bleed like real bleeding, but how when you wash a new pair of jeans with a white shirt and now you have a blue shirt, bleeding. I had to wash all my "tattoo clothes" today because they all had some amount of ink on them. So, now I'm almost completely healed except for 2 little spots, which itch the most. I'll try to post a picture once it's totally healed, because it really is a beautiful piece of artwork. It took 3 hours, it outta be.

I hope that I am not boring my small audience of readers, but I get the feeling that I am because my small audience has dwindled to tiny. This makes me sad. I know I'm a little boring, but couldn't you just view that as charming and still read? It would help with my ego a little. =P However, my faithful readers I adore thee, and will try my best to entertain, even if it's only a little bit!

love love love,
Bianca

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog, so very happy that you are both enjoying married life!!! I was very happy that you enjoy tea and knitting! I don't think I could get a tattoo, just the thought of the needles gives me chills!! Take care, keep blogging!! I hope to start one soon, just finding time is the problem!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always sip tea whilst reading your blog, so I enjoy that you are doing the same. :) I love your new tattoo, but have to agree with Marianne, just the thought of the needles makes me wince! Something to remember about the male gender: they are not much for the details, I have found, most of the time. Big picture, yes. Tiny minutia, not really. :) Hope the healing is done, and can't wait to see you next weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bianca, just wanted to say I enjoy reading your blog. I saw the link from Rosina's blog & wish I had the followthrough to blog as well... Maybe one day! Congrats on your recent marriage & all the best to you. Saira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, y'all! And I hope you stay tuned, Saira! =)

    ReplyDelete